Accelerated BSN Requirements
If you’re ready to fast-track your journey to becoming a nurse, the Harding University accelerated Bachelor of Science in nursing track is your path toward a fulfilling new career. To get started on your nursing education, you must first meet the following ABSN requirements:
- Unconditional admission to the undergraduate nursing program requires a 2.78 or higher GPA in science pre-nursing courses.
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- 64+ credit hours (liberal arts and nursing prerequisites)
- Successful completion of all prerequisites
- HESI Admission Assessment Exam (used as part of the admissions evaluation)
- Complete a state and national criminal background check
- Complete an official Test of English as a Foreign Language iBT composite score of at least 83 with a minimum speaking score of 26 if applicable. The test must be taken within the last calendar year of admission.
Harding University offers three start dates per year: fall, spring and summer. Fall semester begins enrolling in August.
Talk to a Counselor
If you meet the above academic requirements and believe you have been called to become a nurse, you owe it to yourself to reach out to one of our dedicated admissions counselors as soon as you can. He or she can help you navigate the accelerated nursing school application process.
For more information about our ABSN requirements, please contact an admissions counselor.