Online Accelerated Nursing Coursework
Harding University’s Accelerated BSN track uses a hybrid method that gives students a high-quality nursing education. Coursework is conducted online and is then expanded with hands-on labs and clinical rotations near our program site located in Rogers, Arkansas.
How Online Learning Works
While this hybrid approach offers convenience and flexibility, it’s important to note that you will be completing online accelerated coursework in real-time with peers in your cohort and will be held accountable for meeting instructors’ deadlines. You must also make time to appear for in-person proctored exams at our ABSN program site in Rogers, Arkansas.
Though our accelerated BSN program is online — convenient and fast-paced — it is not any less rigorous than a traditional on-campus program. You can expect to graduate from our program in as few as 16 months ready for the NCLEX and to enter the workforce confidently, the same as if you chose a four-year program.
Online Learning Environment
You’ll complete most of your online accelerated nursing coursework through an intuitive and collaborative e-learning platform.
You’ll use the platform, which implements user-friendly course design, to:
- Watch videos, listen to audio and read about your nursing theory coursework.
- Use discussion forums to communicate with teachers and other students.
- Navigate simulated case studies.
- Utilize self-assessments to evaluate your comprehension of the topics.
- Complete and submit course tasks.
Benefits of Online Coursework
The online accelerated nursing aspect of our program caters to all types of learners. We’re certain you’ll find a method of studying that works best for you on our online platform because it features elements for the following four learning preferences:
- Auditory: Podcasts and audio demonstrations and scenarios allow students to hear and learn more about conditions, patients and experiences.
- Social: Our Canvas LMS features discussion forums and conversation messages, allowing learners and instructors to connect with one another.
- Tactile: Task-based exercises and interactive simulations make students active participants in the learning process.
- Visual: Rich imagery, illustrations and videos allow learners to visualize concepts and procedures.
Online Coursework Support
Although you will complete nursing theory courses online, you won’t be alone! Instructors and online learning specialists will be there if you need help digesting concepts or troubleshooting the e-learning platform.
Contact us to learn more about the online portion of our hybrid approach to accelerated nursing education.